01 July, 2012

21st Birthday canvas

My brother asked me if I would do one of my "arty" photo canvases for my nephews 21st? How could I refuse?!! LOL!! Anyway, it has been a nice break from cutting, cutting and more cutting stuff for my SENZ class packs!
I hope he likes it!
I started with a 18" x 24" canvas, glued down strips of patterned paper and then painted over it all with Lumiere paints. I then stamped on background stamps and the brick mask with texture paste. Next, I put down the photos and then added the embellishments. Nik is a keen surfer so I tried to create something that reflected this at least a little, e.g chipboard swirls, pumice texture paste and gesso.
I am wanting to get some of the challenges done over at Challenge Me Happy One year Anniversary Hoopla, so I am putting this in Norine's challenge - a birthday layout. A rather large layout, I know!! And she may decide it doesnt fit the criteria!
Now, I am going to stoke the fire, because the weather is yuk today and start dyeing metres of seambinding for the class kits.
Cheers,
Sue :)


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sue. I love how you have done your background those blues and greens are divine thanks for playing along with CMH

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing!! What a lovely gift!! Thanks for joining us for our birthday Hoopla Challenge!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments! Thank you!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...